A bilingual online learning app
was created featuring renowned artwork, artist interviews, original music and extensive use of archival photography with award-winning results.
“UBG possesses that rare combination of artistry, technical know-how and content knowledge that is needed to create powerful educational experiences for website users. During my twenty years of creating computer software (IBM, Microsoft, Densho), UBG stands out as having exceptional talent.”
Tom Ikeda, Executive Director
- Inspire student awareness and critical thinking
- Promote learning and exchange between U.S. and Japan
- Develop a format for innovative teaching material
The project also had to balance a necessity for youth-friendly design with both the seriousness of the subject and a need to respect the artist’s personal story and creative work.
- Bilingual/bicultural concerns
- Need to present challenging topics to young audiences
- Maintain historical reverence and artistic integrity
In recognition of its efforts, UBG received the Web Marketing Association’s WebAward for “Outstanding Achievement in Web Site Development”. Past winners of the award include Disney, HP, IBM and FedEx.
- Correctly matching the tone and presentation of content with users allows for even “difficult” topics
- With proper design and delivery, Flash can create compelling courseware experiences